Today I had an error message driving me crazy:
You see, our model is a gem itself, because it is shared by several projects. When we have something in the schema that is not in the database, that is the error we get.
Now, I knew this error from previous executions, but my model was in synch with the DB.
I tried to comment out all my changes, without luck.
Until I realized. This error was in my specs.
I had run the rake db:migrate, but not RACK_ENG=test
In this situation I was happy I fixed the issue, but at the same time extremely angry I wasted 1h with that
Mental note: run both friggin migrations together in the future!
This might help:
thanks to Eumir for this post